Tuesday, March 9, 2010

4-inch heels

Ya, I can walk in heels,
I can look nice, I can look 'sexy,'
I can do both at once if I want to
but I'm not that girl

in all those movies that are so-
so testosterone fueled,
fighting monsters, warriors, criminals, ninjas,
climbing mountains, swimming rushing rivers,

skydiving,
without ever smudging her make-up
and all in 4-inch heels.
-How does she do that anyway?- -Hush, I want to watch the movie!-

This is my favorite part.
The heroin isn't on screen,
she's re-applying her mascara
from that last scene of dramatic heartbreak.

Her love interest plays the muscle and she plays the brains,
but my favorite role
is the handsome cynic who provides the comic relief
from the brave, roller-coasting, sweet romance.

But in the end he, too, follows the mysterious and alluring stranger
in the tight black dress
and the 4-inch heels.
-how does she do that anyway?-

No comments: