Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stories

If I were a zombie,
and I ate brains like cake,
I would no doubt eat your brain
because your knowledge would fill me up.

it would fill me up for years
and you would save the whole world.
With your brains in my stomach,
everyone else's would be safe.

If you were a King,
I guess I wouldn't be surprised.
Or maybe a Prime Minister or a President
because you're not bossy like a King is.

In fact I know I'd vote for you,
because I know you understand me,
and that's what people look for in politicians.
That and whether or not they're a good orator.

If dragons came between us,
and we each had a sword,
we'd charge right through them all
and we'd meet in the middle of all the gore

Yea, I think it's romantic,
if, I admit, a bit strange,
but when fighting dragons and zombie attacks
the problem is you don't have time for much else.

If all the stories were real,
all the books, movies, and plays,
everything would be different,
except the way I feel about you.

But I wouldn't notice one thing out of place,
not the zombies, kings, or dragons.
As long as you were in my story,
nothing else would really matter.

No comments: