Friday, November 6, 2009

The Pearl Thief

How I want to speak loud, to be honest and proud
but my voice has less substance than that of a cloud
Believe me I'd tell you, if I only had your ear
I'd end the curse that befell you, if only you could hear

My pleads, my cries, whatever I do,
are all lost in the winds, they never reach you
Your will is strong, my words are weak
I'm mute when I try and say "I know what you seek"

You glide and swirl, all over the world
looking for your most sacred pearl
Listen to me: end your unavailing quest
I know where your pearl is, I admit it's I that knows best

I want to repent, after all the time you've spent
searching for your pearl, such harm I never meant.
A man's most valuable treasure, that's the pearl that I claim
it's your heart that you measure, though Pearl Thief is my name

Lost and empty, you're a cloud roaming the world
still searching for your most precious pearl
Always you look, if only you knew
it was I that took your pearly heart from you

No comments: