Thursday, November 19, 2009

Broken Alive by the Common Beast

I try to fight but I am weak
I try to yell but I can't speak
it's a safe-house that I seek
when it's hunger is at it's peak

From the pits of Hell it comes
'I want you Broken' I hear it hums
It's chest lacks the beating sound of drums
While my heart too, it nearly numbs

And my fingers start to shake
if only more time I could make
I beg 'Don't destroy me for God's sake!'
but it's my soul it wants to take

it's victims broken, they confide,
they are immobile, they didn't hide
and they're still hanging on for the ride
I could not save them, though I tried

No where on Earth is there a place
where I would never see it's face
it can now too easily keep pace
I think I'm through running this race

And after all my pain and strife
it comes and stabs me with a knife
I cannot go back to my life
Yet the regrets I have they are not rife

This rabid Beast that I speak of
it's disguise is like a dove
but don't believe it's from above
this savage monster we call Love

No comments: