Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Pretty Girl's Man

I want you to feel
taste, smell, hear and see
A love that is real
a love that'll forever be

I want you to meet
a girl that won't break your heart
One that makes you complete
one that you'll love from the start

I want you to know
the mythical 'love at first sight'
and when you see her you'll go,
"I love her with all my might"

I want you to smile
when you see her each day
And be joyful all the while
with her, your skies never gray

I want you to make
this pretty girl into your wife
So that you'll get to take
the vows you'll live all your life

Although you might think me strange
in that I don't want to be her
Though I love you even in rage
I feel catastrophe would occur

I want you to have
a life absent of woes
and when I ever hear you laugh,
my sadness, it goes

I want her to treat you
with good care and good mind
And pretty girl when I meet you
I'll try to be kind

I want you to see
pretty girl, who you'll meet
It's quite man that he be
let him sweep you off your feet.

No comments: